Taylor Swift’s album Midnights is out this Friday at 12 A.M., and Swift has a full schedule of events to celebrate. Swift shared a video featuring her itinerary from this Thursday to Friday, October 28. Here are the key events:
- Thursday, October 20: Teaser trailer during the third quarter of Thursday night football on Prime Video. Swift didn’t specify whether this teaser trailer was for the full album or the “Anti-Hero” music video out on October 21 at 8 A.M. EST.
- Friday, October 21, 12 AM EST: Midnights album release
- October 21, 3 A.M. EST: “Special very chaotic surprise”
- October 21, 8 A.M. EST: “Anti-Hero” music video premiere
- October 21, 8 P.M. EST: Lyric videos for album
- Monday, October 24: The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon (Swift’s close friend Selena Gomez is also appearing on the Tonight Show that Wednesday, October 26.)
- Tuesday, October 25, 12 A.M. EST: Second Midnights music video release at what other time? Midnight. Fans are theorizing the song is “Vigilante Shit” because it and “Anti-Hero” are the only two tracks Swift held her phone upside during her track name reveal videos. Swift has not yet confirmed this.
- Friday, October 28: The Graham Norton Show appearance
Spotify has teamed up with Swift to tease lyrics from the album on different billboards around the world in the days leading up to its release. The first lyric was released at Times Square in New York City this past midnight: “I should not be left to my own devices.”
Swift will also be revealing five things that inspired the album ahead of its release on Spotify. “The first thing that kept me up at night that helped inspired the Midnights album is self-loathing,” she teased in a clip.
Alyssa Bailey is the senior news and strategy editor at ELLE.com, where she oversees coverage of celebrities and royals (particularly Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton). She previously held positions at InStyle and Cosmopolitan. When she’s not working, she loves running around Central Park, making people take #ootd pics of her, and exploring New York City.